Suicide First Aid Training
Take the first step to improving mental health in your workplace
Why choose Red Umbrella for your suicide first aid training?
We’re committed to delivering effective suicide first aid training in workplaces across the country. If you sign your colleagues up for our course, you’ll receive the following:
- One-day training programme that enables attendees to learn and develop suicide prevention skills.
- A training solution that’s accredited by City and Guilds of London.
- Access to our 24/7 helpline and expert therapists, as well as monthly check-ins, so your suicide first aiders can have help and support whenever they need it.
- Ongoing support and follow-ups, where first aiders can ask any questions they may have.
Full access to our online forums
Suicide first aid in the workplace
We offer suicide first aid training for companies, in partner with SFA: Suicide First Aid. Accredited by City and Guilds of London, our one-day training session aims to teach attendees effective suicide intervention skills, which they will be able to apply in both a professional and personal setting. Our trainers are experienced in suicide prevention, and will help attendees develop their skills through a range of lectures, group work, and role-play.
After the end of the training, suicide first aiders will be confident in:
- Intervening with people at risk of suicide
- Recognising the possible causes of suicidal thoughts and behaviour
- Asking about suicide and understanding the options available
- Guiding a person towards appropriate treatment and support
Suicide first aid training with Red Umbrella
Our one-day course is the equivalent of a Level 4 NQF, and is available for senior managers, line managers, and all other members of staff. No prior knowledge or qualifications are needed – just a willingness to learn and help others who need support.
Alternatively, we offer mental health first aid training, and Qualsafe accredited training, as well as employee assistance programmes; to ensure all members of staff’s wellbeing is protected.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the min/max delegates for each course?
Minimum is 8 delegates on all courses and max are as follows:
Half day – max delegates 24
One day – max delegates 16
Two day – max delegates 16
Which course are accredited, and which are not?
The Qualsafe awards and FAA awards courses we offer are OFQUAL accredited, with level 1 , 2 and 3 qualifications, the MHFA England courses are not accredited, The Red Umbrella own courses carry CPD Points.
Are the courses internationally recognised?
All the course we offer are Internationally recognised except MHFA England, which are only recognised in England.
How long does the Red Umbrella Aftercare and Support package last?
One year but you can upgrade to an extra year at anytime.
Does the Facilitator Gold package cost extra?
Yes, but it’s so worth it, and its only:
£125 extra Total for the half day course,
£250 extra Total for the one day course,
£500 extra Total for the two day course
Sign up to suicide first aid training with Red Umbrella