Why choose Red Umbrella for your mental health first aid workplace training?
It’s such a benefit to have mental health first aiders, but who looks after them, and how do you best implement them?
- Full access to our advice telephone lines and email/messaging to receive advice from experienced MHFAiders and instructors
- Access to our 24/7 support line
- Full access to our team of therapists if you need support because of your role (no charge)
- Your company receives advice on how to best promote the MHFAiders to all your staff
Qualsafe course information
Qualsafe and the Red Umbrella team of highly-skilled trainers have a wealth of experience and understanding in delivering mental health first aid qualifications to ensure you get the most out of your experience with us. Throughout your course, you will be provided with an engaging learning experience; through the use of video, PowerPoint presentations, case study analysis, real-life examples of Mental Health issues, group discussions, workbook activities and much more.
Level 1 award in understanding mental health in the workplace
The Level 1 Award in Introduction to Mental Health in the Workplace (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification for people who wish to raise their awareness of mental health and improve their mindfulness in work and everyday life. The qualification would be suitable for an individual or a group of up to 25 colleagues within a business.
Throughout the half day course
Learners will be introduced to mental health issues such as depression and suicide and build an understanding of stress.
Topics covered include: An introduction to the use of appropriate language when supporting others and the importance of self-care as a tool to potentially improve mental health
Level 2 award in understanding mental health in the workplace
Our level 2 Qualsafe award has been created to enable attendees to recognise the signs and symptoms of many mental health conditions, and be confident in providing support and guidance to colleagues, specifically in the workplace environment.
Throughout the one-day course, attendees will learn the following:
- Understanding and recognising mental health issues that can arise at work
- An awareness of the most common mental health illnesses
- Promoting a positive mental health amongst employees in the workplace
- How to create an effective mental health first aid in the workplace action plan
Level 3 award in understanding mental health in the workplace
The QA Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF) has been specifically designed for those who would like to raise their awareness of mental health, and develop an understanding on how to support, reassure and guide those experiencing poor mental health. What’s more, you will develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to actively promote positive mental health within your workplace, making it an ideal qualification for Mental Health Champions/First Aiders, Human Resources, Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders.
Throughout this two day course, you will also cover:
- Identifying characteristics and features of common mental health conditions
- Importance of own wellbeing as a mental health first aider
- Best practice for employers in relation to mental health in the workplace
- Support for those experiencing mental health issues whilst at work
The Qualsafe Academy team of highly-skilled trainers have a
wealth of experience and understanding in delivering mental
health first aid qualifications to ensure you get the most out of
your experience with us. Throughout your course, you will be
provided with an engaging learning experience; through the
use of video, PowerPoint presentations, case study analysis,
real-life examples of mental health issues, group discussions,
workbook activities and much more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the min/max delegates for each course?
Minimum is 8 delegates on all courses and max are as follows:
Half day – max delegates 24
One day – max delegates 16
Two day – max delegates 16
Which course are accredited, and which are not?
The Qualsafe awards and FAA awards courses we offer are OFQUAL accredited, with level 1 , 2 and 3 qualifications, the MHFA England courses are not accredited, The Red Umbrella own courses carry CPD Points.
Are the courses internationally recognised?
All the course we offer are Internationally recognised except MHFA England, which are only recognised in England.
How long does the Red Umbrella Aftercare and Support package last?
One year but you can upgrade to an extra year at anytime.
Does the Facilitator Gold package cost extra?
Yes, but it’s so worth it, and its only:
£125 extra Total for the half day course,
£250 extra Total for the one day course,
£500 extra Total for the two day course
Things to consider before applying
Before applying for Qualsafe first aid training, please ensure you meet the following criteria:
- You must be at least 18 years old on the first day of training
- You should have an interest in mental health
- You want to support colleagues
- You have enough time in your role to support colleagues
- You recognise that the courses is not there for your mental health issues, but for supporting colleagues
- The accredited courses have a short multiple choice exam on the last day.
- You must be present for the duration of the course, no sections can be missed
To find out more about our entry requirements, please don’t hesitate to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0300 002 0061.
Please be aware that for some individuals, the content covered within this qualification may be distressing. If you have any concerns that you may be potentially affected by any of the content, then please do not hesitate to contact the Red Umbrella team for further details.
Note: To remain an approved mental health first aider in the workplace, learners will need to refresh their QA Level 3 award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF) every three years.