Ofqual accredited training
Why choose Red Umbrella for your mental health first aid workplace training?
It’s such a benefit to have mental health first aiders, but who looks after them, and how do you best implement them?
- Instructor and a trained pastoral care representative for safeguarding on every two-day course exceeding 10 delegates (this is vital as the course always stirs up emotions)
- Full access to our advice telephone lines and email/messaging to receive advice from experienced MHFAiders and instructors
- Access to our 24/7 support line
- Full access to our therapists if required (no charges)
- Access to our unique online forums
- Your company receives advice on how to best promote the MHFAiders to all your staff
Qualsafe course information
Qualsafe and the Red Umbrella Academy Team of highly-skilled trainers have a wealth of experience and understanding in delivering mental health first aid qualifications to ensure you get the most out of your experience with us. Throughout your course, you will be provided with an engaging learning experience; through the use of video, PowerPoint presentations, case study analysis, real-life examples of Mental Health issues, group discussions, workbook activities and much more.
Level 2 award in understanding mental health in the workplace
Our level 2 Qualsafe award has been created to enable attendees to recognise the signs and symptoms of many mental health conditions, and be confident in providing support and guidance to colleagues, specifically in the workplace environment.
Throughout the one-day course, attendees will learn the following:
- Understanding and recognising mental health issues that can arise at work
- An awareness of the most common mental health illnesses
- Promoting a positive mental health amongst employees in the workplace
- How to create an effective mental health first aid in the workplace action plan
Level 3 award in understanding mental health in the workplace
The QA Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF) has been specifically designed for those who would like to raise their awareness of mental health, and develop an understanding on how to support, reassure and guide those experiencing poor mental health. What’s more, you will develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to actively promote positive mental health within your workplace, making it an ideal qualification for Mental Health Champions/First Aiders, Human Resources, Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders.
Throughout this two day course, you will also cover:
- Identifying characteristics and features of common mental health conditions
- Importance of own wellbeing as a mental health first aider
- Best practice for employers in relation to mental health in the workplace
- Support for those experiencing mental health issues whilst at work
The Qualsafe Academy team of highly-skilled trainers have a wealth of experience and understanding in delivering mental health first aid qualifications to ensure you get the most out of your experience with us. Throughout your course, you will be provided with an engaging learning experience; through the use of video, PowerPoint presentations, case study analysis, real-life examples of mental health issues, group discussions, workbook activities and much more.
Red Umbrella training
Adult training cost
The RRP for the course is £295 per person, and even though Red Umbrella includes all the vital add-ons, our cost per person is less than this. Please contact us to find out more about our pricing.
Costs may vary depending on location and instructor – contact the instructor for more information by clicking on a course below.
What to expect
We limit numbers to 16 people per Qualsafe first aid course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
You will get a manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it. When you complete the two days, you’ll get anOfqual Accredited Level 3 Certificate (equivalent to an A-Level). For the one day course, you receive a Level 2 Certificate, and for the half day, a Level 1 Certificate. These are respectively the equivalent of GCSEs.
Find out more about our Ofqual accredited training
Contact us to find out more about our Ofqual accredited training and how to book
Things to consider before applying
Before applying for Qualsafe first aid training, please ensure you meet the following criteria:
- You must be at least 18 years old on the first day of training
- You should have an interest in mental health
To find out more about our entry requirements, please don’t hesitate to email us on email@example.com or by calling 0300 002 0061.
Please be aware that for some individuals, the content covered within this qualification may be distressing. If you have any concerns that you may be potentially affected by any of the content, then please do not hesitate to contact Qualsafe Awards for further details.
Note: To remain an approved mental health first aider in the workplace, learners will need to update their QA Level 3 award in Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (RQF) accordingly.
Enjoyed the course immensely, which is saying something based on the seriousness of the subjects covered. It was a highly participatory and inclusive 2 days with excellent trainers who certainly knew their stuff. Would highly recommend.
Joanne Wilkinson – Health and Safety Advisor – Rushcliffe Borough Council
Our first year with Red Umbrella has been highly effective, the services they provide within their concierge offering and their ability to be flexible around our needs has provided a partnership with which we are very satisfied and will continue.
Elliot, Southampton Football Club