Finding a Facility
Finding a Facility
Red Umbrella's r EAP Trainers
At Red Umbrella we have personally experienced these disappointments. We have been through all the recovery phases and have tried almost everything on offer for battling addictions, eating disorders, depression, anxiety, dual diagnosis and PTSD.
Between us we have worked in, and had treatment in, many private clinics. We have witnessed so much positivity and negativity in the rehab industry that we simply want to share our experiences with you and make sure you end up in the right place.
We know that our advice can give you – or a loved one – the best possible chance of recovery.
How can we help you start your road to recovery
Why you can genuinely trust us to help you
To give you an example of how serious we are, we will share with you that one of our key team members spent over £60,000 and nearly 16 weeks over four separate visits to one top UK clinic. They met and made many friends there, but most relapsed and most returned.
Our team member relapsed too and returned to the same clinic after, mainly due to ease and self-blame, believing he just wasn’t “getting it”. It was also convenient because private medical insurance was covering the cost.
They didn’t realise that they should have been having one-to-one therapy and that their family should have been involved as the facility did not offer it. To make matters worse, many group therapy sessions were wasted time as members were just voicing their disappointments in the facility rather than discussing their own problems.
It wasn’t until they went to another facility that they realised what a difference there was between the two clinics and the treatment programmes – and what a huge mistake it was to have gone to that original clinic.
Another member of the team experienced a similar scenario at another so-called top UK facility. The friends met at the first facility also moved on to other facilities and experienced a huge difference in staff and treatment programmes.
It would be the easiest thing in the world for us to work with these two clinics. For obvious reasons we know the staff extremely well and the accommodation was excellent, but we would never recommend anyone seek treatment at these clinics. They are simply a waste of money and there are far better facilities in their price categories on offer.
When a member of our team actually went to work in a key role at a leading rehab facility in the UK that’s when it really struck home that the level of care, quality of the staff, range of facilities, and attention to detail within the treatment programmes differed so much. The other clinics also often cost more than they should.
That’s why you should call us, so that we can help you avoid the same mistakes that we made.
What support do we offer?
The comprehensive services we offer for your recovery journey are, of course, always put together based on individual requirements and circumstances. However, they always start the same:
- Calling us is free, confidential and we only work with the most effective treatment facilities.
- You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by letting us help you find the right recovery path.
- We assess your situation and advise you on the best course of action to take.
- We guide you through every step of the process.
- Should direct support or an intervention be required, we can arrange this for you.
- We can (only with your permission) liaise with the treatment facility on your behalf or ask the clinic to speak with you directly.
- We will arrange all the assessments on your behalf.
- We can help you with all private medical insurance (PMI) requirements.
- If desired, we can arrange for you to have a personal guided tour of the clinic.
- We can organise your travel and even a sober companion for your journey to the clinic.
- We ensure you do not make this journey alone and avoid all the pitfalls that we encountered.
We are here to help, whatever the problem.
Depression, Bullying, Anxiety, Gambling, Fear of Job/career prospects, Alcohol Use Disorder (drink at work and post drinking hangovers), Eating disorders, Panic attacks, Bereavement, Substances (illegal and prescribed), Bipolar, OCD, PTSD, Seasonal Affective Disorder (also known as SAD), General Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder.